A Cake Leveler is an instrument used to level a cake. It is used to cut the cake into different layers and then fill those layers with the filling required. A levelled cake looks nice and presentable. It also makes filling the layers easier. Traditionally bakers have used serrated knives, but nowadays levelers are trendy tools for every bakery. A cake level is an essential item, and every baker uses it to make a cake look nice. Here we will look at the 3 best cake leveler and try to find out their pros and cons.
Review of the 3 Best Cake Leveler
Wilton is the name to go to regarding anything related to confectionery. They are a well-known brand, and since 1929 they are the pioneers of baking instruments. They make very good quality cake levelers and other confectionery instruments. This cake leveler is one from its cost effective levelers suitable for residential use.
- 10 inches for torting big cakes
- Wavy wire design acts as a serrated blade
- Large handle provides excellent grip and better stability
- Great product at a pocket-friendly price
A new and upcoming brand based in the UK is Knights Bridge PME. The cake leveler below is a versatile cake leveler made by them. It is good for small as well as big 46 cm cakes. It has an all steel body and a serrated knife to easy cake torting.
- Divides cakes into even layers
- Serrated blade for quick and correct torting
- Suitable for big cakes
This is a sturdy build multilayer cake leveler from Toogoo. It can be used to make multiple levels in a cake at a time. The blades are serrated, and there is a measurement scale at the side to have measured levels. It is useful for professionals, and it’s easy to use.
- It has multiple uses. It can be used to slice and make multiple layers at the same time
- Serrated blade for easy and effective slicing and levelling
- Easy to use grip handle and movable blades with a scale for exact levelling
Leveling cakes may be something new for many, so the correct cake leveler needs to be purchased. Serrated blades leveler suits some and some find themselves more comfortable using the wire leveler. Both have their merits and demerits, and it’s essential that they are studied in details before purchasing one. The looks of a leveled cake are beautiful and when sliced and can turn a first-time cake maker look like a professional baker.
last updated: 15th December 2017